I'm sure you're like me….can't believe we've completed another year! So, like everyone else who maintains a blog, I feel compelled to comment on the year that's passed and look forward to the year to come. I'm not one who likes to look backward all that much…i'm always looking ahead…professionally and personally….but this past year was certainly monumental…nothing surpassed the Presidential Election. Of course, it remains to be seen what the effect of the election of Barack Obama will actually be, but i'm going to go along with the majority on this one and welcome a breath of fresh air for 2009.
I also am not one to make New Year's resolutions…however, i have pinpointed a few things that i'm looking forward to accomplishing in 2009.
1. I will be launching my daughter Heather's Art Collection at Art Expo, New York in March. She's been working very hard – has a new company called “Crook Couture” and not only an art collection, but a clothing line and furniture too. She has a real “look” to her work and i'm excited about her debut. We'll be sneak previewing some of it on this site soon. – oh…and i'll be showing my own work there too! 🙂 I hope to see many of you there. I”ll be showing a lot of new, large mixed-media uniques and of course, some great new limited editions.
2. I'm looking forward to perfecting and launching my new line of plexiglass sculptures. I've blogged about them before and the first of their kind have actually been completed and sold in Germany.
3. I'm very interested in the state of arts education in this country right now. I plan to launch a “Fazzino Arts Education Initiative” and quite frankly, i'm not sure exactly what that means yet. I'm hoping you will all help me begin this conversation and together, we can start to have an influence.
4. In July, I'll be headed to Pori, Finland as the official artist for the Pori Jazz Festival. That event will be the culmination of a lifelong dream for me – to have my artwork shown in my mother's native country of Finland.
5. I'm launching a new travelogue on FazzinoCollectors.com. I LOVE to travel. It's been my passion for a long long time. I'd like to share with you some of the things I learn on my roadtrips…i'm a rather seasoned traveller at this point…if i do say so myself 🙂 So send me your questions about the places i'm going….. Starting with Japan early in January!
6. I want to get back to doing some college campus artwork. I still get requests for the Florida Gators piece i did in the 1990's. i think it's time to go back there….maybe 2009 is the year. I'd also like to have my artwork exhibited on college campuses. There are some incredible museums and art facilites in our educational institutions and i'd love to start exposing some of the younger folks to my work.
7. Speaking of exposure…i'm looking forward to having my work shown in many new places in 2009 – Finland, of course, tops the list. But I'm also exploring the idea of doing a museum retrospective in Kansas City, and i'll be doing the MLB All-Star Game in St. Louis. My work has been shown there on a limited scale, but it's not all that common there. To me, one of the most exciting moments is watching someone discover the work for the first time. I watch their eyes. That's how you can really tell what they think.
I'm sure you are all looking forward to what you can accomplish and where you can go and who you can meet in the New Year…but really, the most important thing…and the thing i wish for all of you is a VERY HEALTHY NEW YEAR FULL OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP!
Blog Moderation: Please note that Charles Fazzino's blog is moderated. If you post a comment, please allow 24-hours for that comment to be approved and posted live to this site by our moderator. Thank You.